Thursday, January 19, 2012

More new socks

First off: I wonder if this virus maybe isn't quite done with me yet, and if that's why I've been out of sorts the past day or two, and so tired (I went to bed at 8:30 the other night because I just couldn't make myself do anything more. I have stuff I could be working on, but I don't WANT to be working on any of it, even the fun stuff).

I wonder now if I maybe pushed a little too hard with the trip to McKinney Saturday and set myself back a little. It does seem that certain respiratory viruses, when I have them, sort of leave fatigue and almost a bit of a "meh" feeling in their wake.

***

This is another finished-over-break project. This is a pair of socks I'd been wanting to knit for a while.

Brocket socks #2

These are the cabled socks from Jane Brocket's "The Gentle Art of Knitting." They are made of a Regia yarn, their Extra Twist Color. This is a really nice yarn for socks; it is soft and yet it's plied with a sort of cable construction that should make it strong.

("Yo dawg, I heard you liked cables. So I knit you some cabled socks out of a cabled yarn.")

The socks were pretty simple - the pattern is straightforward if you know how to do cables. But it's a nice pattern...sometimes a good basic standard pattern is nice. As far as I can remember, I knit the pattern as written. I used the larger version of the pattern (the 72-stitch version) because I wanted to knit it on size 1 needles and cables tend to make knitting pull in a bit and be smaller than plain stockinette would, in terms of the sock circumference.

You can see the cables a little better here:

Jane Brocket socks

No comments: