Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another knitted item

This is probably my favorite thing I made over break:

"Oh, there you are, Perry."

"Oh, there you are, Perry."

It's Perry the Platypus, for those not familiar with the cartoon "Phineas and Ferb." (Phineas and Ferb are stepbrothers in a very harmonious blended family. They build crazy stuff. Their sister tries to prove to their mother that they build crazy stuff, but by some coincidence (every episode) the crazy stuff disappears or disintegrates or gets carried off before she has a chance to see it. Perry is Phineas and Ferb's pet. They think he's just a mindless platypus, but Perry is actually a "cover" for Agent P, who is part of this weird underground network of pets who fight evil....)

I used the Kath Dalmeny pattern for a platypus. While this one isn't exactly the perfect shape for Perry (and even less so for Agent P, who is bipedal and wears a fedora), still, there is something appealing about it. Perry is kind of pillowlike and is actually about the right size to tuck under your neck when you're lying in bed, reading.

Perry on my lap

Good platypus, Perry. Good boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter watches Phineas and Ferb, so I was asked to construct a Perry costume this past Halloween—I came up with a turquoise jumpsuit (someone had given me yards of really ugly, shiny fabric that was perfect), John's old fedora (vintage 60s) from the depths of the attic, and a felt tail.

I think I need to look up this pattern; I'm sure I have some Perry-colored yarn around here.

(My son has always accused me of saving EVERYTHING and never using any of it. I was vindicated this year!)