Friday, November 11, 2011

And it's weekend.

The meetings were here, on my campus this year. (Otherwise, I might not have considered presenting, might have concluded "it's not a finished study yet").

But I did, and I'm glad I did. It went pretty well. I finished up in my 12 minutes, and as it turned out, the person after me was ill and could not speak, so there was ample time for questions. The only questions I got were "I have a similar situation near me, what do you predict would happen there?" or "What do you think will replace the ashes when the Emerald Ash Borer kills them all off?" (I kind of had to think on my feet for that one: I guess I'm not quite so pessimistic about the fate of the ashes so I hadn't considered it.)

I'm also the new (again) vice-chair of the Education section. (Vice-chair then succeeds the chair in the following year, so I'm chair for 2013. I've done it twice before and it's not a big deal.)

I went home to eat lunch and change out of the dress shoes that were giving me a blister, and also to put on old clothes, because it's soil-invertebrate sorting time. (I also had a couple students come in for some biostats help).

But now I can relax a bit. I do have an exam to write for week after next and possibly tomorrow morning will be a good time for that.

I'm thinking tonight might be a grab-a-pizza-from-out night, so I don't have cooking to do. Or maybe not. I'm not sure.

1 comment:

L.L. said...

Congrats and why not have a celebratory pizza?