Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yesterday was long

(First off: my comment about being "bitter" and single is (mostly) joking. 90% of the time, I suspect I'm probably too busy to establish or maintain a relationship. No, I'm not sure how people who are employed/do volunteer work/have hobbies do it. Obviously they do. Part of my complaint was that the couple couldn't stop being hugged together long enough to get across the street safely - I really, really don't like PDAs, especially when those PDAs make a situation even less safe than it was.)

Wow, I really don't like Wednesdays this semester. I agreed to teach two lab sections of ecology because at that time, I had 27 students, three over the absolute limit, and those three were people close to graduating who, for various reasons, couldn't get the class earlier. (I also admit: some guilt over not having taught this summer - which I normally do - may have played a role). Of course, then, three students dropped, meaning I could have gone back to one lab section, but the four people in the late-afternoon lab had scheduled classes in the early afternoon - so we couldn't.

So I wound up driving out to the forest site (about 20 miles away) twice yesterday. In a fifteen-passenger van. (I don't like driving those, and these vans are old enough I worry about stuff falling off them).

Then I went home and graded Biostats exams. And then came back here when I realized I left one of my answer keys here. (I do multiple forms with different problems on them). That was ALL I did last night, was grade. (And I give an exam in another class, today).

I'm, how shall we put it, not exactly pleased? I notice a trend over the years in direction-following-ability and attention-to-detail, and it seems to be a downward trend. I know I'm hyperresponsible and kind of compulsive, but when I put two parts (an a and a b) on a question, you'd kind of think people would go back and answer part b after answering part a. (This is an exam that was a take home and the students had a week to do).

I'm also having a hard time being cheerful because it's the campus flu shot clinic today. I know I NEED a flu shot (every doctor I've ever gone to has told me, "with your lowgrade asthma, DO NOT get the flu), but I really dislike injections (and I cannot take the flu-mist because of the lowgrade asthma.)

But of course, tomorrow is Friday. (Not that that matters much for me, these days)



Heh.

No comments: