Monday, September 05, 2011

Another quilt finished!

This is the Pie-Crust Pileup quilt I was talking about earlier. I finished the binding on it yesterday afternoon.

Pie-crust pile up finished II

(As always - it's hung sideways so it won't drag on the ground).

Here's a close-up of one corner. You can see the snowflake pattern quilted into it (I really, really like this design) and also the dark teal binding fabric.

corner of pie crust

And the back - fabric printed to look like a pseudo-Scandinavian knitting design:

pie crust pile up backing

The nice thing is, the seam on the backing sort of disappears, so if I ever want to reverse the quilt and use it backing-side-up, I can.

Pie crust pileup finished

I'm really pleased with the quilting on this one. I think later on this week, I'm going to either take in the Mary Engelbreit-fabrics quilt (this one, though I'm not sure what kind of design I want) or the Framed Four-Patch (this one, which has Texas-inspired fabrics - so I might go kind of kitschy and see if they have cowboy boots or something as a design. Or failing that, a five-pointed star. Or a rose.)

No comments: