Friday, July 01, 2011

wow, thank you

Thanks for the advice (and, um, flattery).

I really like Lynne's suggestion: Pre-raphaelite.

I got to thinking about, maybe the best way to describe my style would be not to try to average myself out, or sum myself up, but to go with a descriptor that would fit me on the days when I look at myself in the mirror before leaving the house and think, "Yeah, that's it. This is how I'd like to look every day."

I came up with "ladylike," which I like, but which is a concept maybe somewhat out of fashion right now. (Also, some joker on Ravelry found a pair of baby's "rhumba" panties on Etsy that used the descriptor "ladylike." This was my response:


(Because I couldn't find one of Fluttershy face-hooving.)

But, Pre-Raphaelite might turn up some nice stuff, and it's a style I can be happy with, so good.

I'm probably being more concerned about this than I need be, and I admit I joined the swap with some trepidation as I've been burned or nearly-burned on other swaps before. (Then again, I had some where I got really good stuff).

****

Not going in to the office today; for one thing they turned the air conditioning down (meaning, to a higher temperature) in preparation for the long holiday weekend.

And tonight, I'm helping at the reception for a patriotic concert. The concert ends around 8 so I expect I'll be getting home fairly late. And I need to bake cookies for it. (I'm going to do a shortbread-like jam-crumb-bar recipe. Although it's expensive to bake - a cup of pecans and a cup and a half of butter, among other things - it's fast and not fiddly. And with it as hot as it is, I don't want to do the have-the-oven-on-for-an-hour that a batch of drop cookies might require).

I also need to prepare my Sunday school lesson for this week, and I need to get the oil and filters changed in my car.

The butter is out on the counter to (eventually) attain room temperature. I think once the car place opens (about another hour) I will go out there and have that done first, then attack the other things.

No comments: