Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the new pillowcases

I finished a little segment of the new pillowcases last night:

little loop flowers

These will give me a chance to practice the "loop stitch," a/k/a lazy daisy stitch, which I don't use a whole lot and am not very good at doing consistently well. (The flower "petals" and the leaves are loop stitches). You do it by poking up at the "point" of the loop, going back down right next to that, and then making a small "catch stitch" at the rounded end of the loop. If you do it right, you get a teardrop shape. But it's harder to get the stitch "right" than a plain backstitch or a French knot (at least, for me, it is).

I'm using different colors than what the manufacturer specified here - partly because I just wanted to use colors I had on hand rather than making another trek out to buy more floss.

No comments: