Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Yup, another snowday

Not much snow as of yet but I guess the bulk of it is supposed to arrive soon.

On the one hand, I'm not happy about missing a second lab in one of my classes - I will have to "piggyback" two one week and that's going to frustrate students. On the other hand, if it's truly hazardous out there, I'm glad not to have to go out in it.

And I'm glad I got my second Friday exam typed and copied yesterday, and already handed out the lab info (and pushed the students to do the little bit of necessary prep) for my soils class next week.

Today, I'm just going to stay home and either knit or sew on the current quilt top. I'm getting pretty far on the newest fingerless mitts ("Cranford" from SpillyJane). I'm really happy with them - it's a nice pattern, and the yarn I chose (some sport-weight Regia Silk - a silk and wool blend) is not just really pretty for them (I am using a dark brown with cream for the accents) but also it is very soft and will be perfect for fingerless mitts.

I do also want to think of a more-easily-portable project (one that requires less attention) for Friday's exams. I'm thought about swatching for Delphine but now I see that (a) it would take more attention and (b) it calls for a size of circular needle (a 2) that I don't currently have. Le sigh. (Though it looks like the size 2 isn't used until late in the pattern. I will have to see. If I don't finish the fingerless mitts I might do those instead, I don't know)

No comments: