Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday morning news

Came in to the office this morning to a big envelope from the Dean's office.

(Unlike college admissions, you can't judge whether the news is good or bad depending on the thickness of the envelope).

I opened it, saying a little prayer that it be good news.

Yes, it is. At least, as far as things have gone. She is recommending me for Full Professor. There are, however, two more administrators who have to agree to the promotion and it could still get wrecked on the shoals of bad budgetary times, but at least I know I've passed the first two hurdles.

(Actually, I KNEW I had passed the first one: last week in church my "outside the department" committeemember asked me if I'd heard anything and I said no, he was surprised. And then he said, "I don't anticipate you having any trouble with the administration." And then he kind of grinned and said, "Our meeting for you took all of 45 seconds." (meaning, I assume, they were all so confident that no one had any questions or concerns)

So: I still don't have it yet but I feel like I'm a lot closer.

ETA: Someone posted this on CPAAG for another person who was feeling overwhelmed, but it made me laugh and so I'm going to put it up here as some further encouragement to myself.

4 comments:

LL said...

Wonderful! Hope it works out for you : )

Mom on Health Patrol said...

Congratulation!

Big Alice said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! (I know, so far, but still. YAY!)

Jennifer said...

Congrats!