Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The funny thing

I guess I read too many fairy stories as a child. I found myself thinking last night, "If life were like it was in the Red Fairy Book*, I'd probably leave the house tomorrow morning and find a gold coin or something on the doorstep. As payment for saving the rat/mouse thing."

(*There is a whole series of Fairy Books by color. I have the old copy of the Red Fairy Book my mom was given when she was a child; I have a number of the others in Folio Press reprints. And I see they're coming out with two I don't have...I should probably order those)

Of course, there wasn't. But that didn't stop me from entertaining the thought.

****

I'll be really glad when the election is over. I feel like someone should start a news channel that is 100% politics-free.

I will welcome the ads for the Clapper and the Chia Pet and all those other bizarre things that they try to promote as good Christmas gifts. Those ads inevitably come after election season is over.

****

Whiny people are whiny.

(An observation, without too much commentary, in case someone I actually know here in town reads this.)

****

I knit a bit more on the back of Potter last night, but man, I don't know what it was but I was just knackered last night. I suppose it was fighting off the migraine I had - often that wears me out (And people tell me I look pale after I've gotten over one, too - I feel perfectly OK, pretty much, but people react like I look really ill. Which is funny, because I'm so fair that I normally could be described as "pale.")

Also, it's been really windy here and I'm sure that stirs up dust and mold and pollen and stuff. And that probably affects my allergies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colored fairy books--even if I didn't discover them until college, on Project Gutenberg no less.