Monday, June 14, 2010

Interesting. I was talking with my mom last night, and I guess she's softened her "no more cats, ever" stance a bit - she said she had gone out to the vet's to settle the last bit of the bill for the "end of life" care for the cat, and one of the receptionists asked her if she was planning on getting another cat (they often get word of cats that need new homes, and like to find people that they know will take good care of them).

My mom said she told her she "wasn't ready to commit yet." She tends to be fairly forthright about stuff like that, so I think if she was still thinking that she didn't want another cat, she'd have said an outright no.

(I've already told them that if they get another cat, and at some point find they will no longer be able to care for it, that I will adopt it and take care of it, so they don't need to let that concern prevent them from getting a new cat.)

Also, often the cats that come into the vet needing homes are fully-grown cats, meaning all the kitten "issues" (training, biting, etc.) will have been past already.

***

Apparently it's flooding in Oklahoma City. It's not even cloudy down here though they're saying we MIGHT get rain later today (Just like we MIGHT have gotten rain every day of the past 10 days). We really need some rain (just not 8").

I found out the other night that when the plumber "fixed" the drip on one of my outdoor spigots, he did so by "capping" the spigot - there's no handle to it any more and I can't get it to turn on. I'm undecided whether this annoys me enough to call him back and ask him to fix it so the spigot can be used. (I have another one but it's on the opposite side of the house, so if I want to water the couple of herb plants in my front garden, I have to either move the sprinkler from my tomato garden or carry jugs of water from the kitchen tap)

We really need rain.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

One does get used to having a furry little friend around the house.