Friday, May 07, 2010

The house is almost clean, and that delights me. That was just what I needed to make me happy.

Also, I called my mom briefly (while taking a break) to tell her a sad story of student entitlement that I was party to. And she gave me a piece of very good news. She took the cat out to the vet for a re-check, and when the vet got the results of the bloodwork, she (the vet)  "almost did a Homer Simpson 'Whoo-hoo'" (in my mom's words). Yeah, apparently the blood numbers are A LOT better. And the cat has apparently recovered. She's still on antibiotics for a while just to be safe, but it looks like she's beaten the infection.

I also like that the vet is invested enough to have that reaction. I mean, it's probably awful to lose an animal when you care that much, but at the same time, I think that does show how motivated she is to do the best possible care for them.

No comments: