Monday, February 08, 2010

Well, I finally thing I got the computer issue sorted. It was hanging up on an "automatic update" (goodness, I hate those). (A call to the "help" desk yielded no help; a call to the dude in charge of software did - he told me to power down and power back up and that should fix things.)

Also, the installers called: the windows are in (the right sized ones this time). They will come out Friday, or, as the woman said, "If what it will take for us to get your job finished is coming out on a Saturday, we'll do that." It comes down a bit to the weather but I'm happy that they are willing to come out on a Saturday if they have to.

Now I just hope the plumber is as willing and able to fix things. Because, one of the things I obsessed over last night was, if I had to go to a chamber-pot system, what is the legal and safe way to dispose of waste? I don't know...I really actually don't know. Which is probably a disaster-preparedness thing I SHOULD know. (Though I suspect in the aftermath of a disaster, questions of "legal" go out the window, and "safe, convenient, and marginally hygienic" come to the fore front.)

I know in some communities you can't put used cat litter in the city trash. So I just don't know.


Also: Things ALWAYS look worse when you have not had a proper night's sleep.

No comments: