Thursday, January 21, 2010

Plumberwatch: Day 3.

No one called to let me know anything.

Plumberwatch Day 4 starts tomorrow. I wonder if I need to go against my non-assertive nature and call them and ask where the heck my plumber is?

***

I tried to wind off a ball of sock yarn to start just a pair of simple socks. (My plan was, I would read journal articles this evening and knit). But I put it on the swift wrong, or it was mis-skeined, or something, and it turned into a giant tangled mess. I wound up taking it off the swift and having to untangle it by hand. So far, I think I am 2/3 done. I would work for a little while and when my eyes started straying towards the scissors in the room, I'd put it down and go do something else.

But gah. I hate that, when you are looking for one little thing to work out and be a little relaxing, and having it all go wrong. Maybe it was a message that I'm not supposed to knit right now, or not supposed to start new socks.

***
for a variety of reasons, this has not been a very happy day.

No comments: