Monday, January 18, 2010

The installers are supposed to be on their way right now.

Lowe's called me. However, as the person said, there's a problem. (When is there NOT?)

Lowe's ordered four windows in the wrong size. That's the bad news. The good news is that they are not the windows to go in my bedroom (which would have made me very sad, considering that I removed blinds and curtains and moved all kinds of stuff in preparation). The other good news is that though the right size will cost more, Lowe's is going to eat the cost. Which seems eminently fair to me.

The bad news is I may have to wait as much as 3 weeks to get all the windows finished. The ones that were ordered wrong are the "big" windows on the front of the house - the two in the dining room and the two big ones in the living room. Which actually are the easiest ones to get to for installation. So whatever.

I was polite to the woman at Lowe's and she thanked me for my understanding. But seriously, what can you do? I'm guessing it was someone either wrote a number down wrong or wrote illegibly and Pella misread what they were ordering.

At least my bedroom windows should be done at the end of the day.

Still no call from the plumber, though.

I will really be glad to be done with house-stuff for a while.

No comments: