Monday, January 11, 2010

18 minutes on hold (yes, I kept track). Spoke with someone, got put back on hold for another 5 minutes.

I'm not getting the full accommodation cost back. They "pro rate" it. Apparently because I sat in the compartment for a couple of hours. Even though I had to live through not one but two moves in the middle of the night, haul my luggage all over the train. And I got a mystery stain on the sleeve of my beloved "There's no such thing as too many books" sweatshirt that will not come out.

AND I have to mail in the ticket stub and wait for them to process the refund. (But I'm going to make a photocopy first, in case it gets lost or "lost").

They are giving me a $75 voucher as a make-up, but I have to call (AND WAIT) customer relations again when I want to order tickets and use it. Apparently they have but one customer relations person on staff for the entire country.

I'm frankly surprised -seeing as they knew the case, as they had the documentation from the conductor, and had asked my name and address and all those details, that they couldn't just refund my credit card there and then. Annoying.

But still less annoying than the near strip-searches that flying now mandates, I guess.

No comments: