Friday, October 09, 2009

Aw crud.

I have a little bit of a sore throat. As much as I don't like the concept of praying for petty things, I'm really hoping and praying it's just allergies.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE SICK FOR NEXT WEEK.

Next week is mid-fall break, a/k/a pretty much the only "real" vacation time I will get until Thanksgiving. And I have plans.

I really, especially, do not want to be starting with the piggie flu. (Is anyone else irritated by the news stories where they stress so strongly getting the vaccine for it, and then in the next news story, remind us all that the vaccine at this point is only for health-care workers, kids, and pregnant ladies? Don't gin up hysteria about I MUST GET THIS VACCINE and follow it up with "But you can't have it; you're 40 years old and have no dependents. Oh, and by the way, put on this red shirt for when you are part of the 'away team.'"

I took some vitamin C with lunch. Not sure if it helps or not but it's about all I've got in the arsenal to try to fight an oncoming virus. (Echinacea tea is out because of my allergies)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Do you have any meds you take for allergy? If so, take those as well as the extra Vitamin C. It's not wrong to pray for healing so go right ahead and ask for it. The Bible does say that we have not because we ask not.

Had another thought about a southern dessert ... how about a banana pudding? I just read a novel in which the main character was coordinating a big banquet for the opening of a jazz museum and the dessert they had was banana pudding. She didn't make the kind with a baked meringue on top but sprinkled toffee on it instead.

dragon knitter said...

when i took my mom for her flu shot monday, the nurse told me that even though she's 81, has congestive heart failure AND a heart valve replacement, she's not a top priority for an H1N1 shot. every other flu? ooooooooooooooo i better hurry and get her in for the shot. this one? OMGWTF! thebiggest thing they've been stressing isthat everyone who has died had some sort of underlying medical condition (to include pregnancy). i don't knowwhat to think at thispoint (and nebraska only has the live version, which pregnant women and my momcan't use anyway!)