Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Rosy-Fingered Dawn shawl progresses slowly:

Sept. 27 Rosy-fingered dawn

I finished the "dewdrops" section, did the "spacer ridges," and am now halfway through the third pattern, "The chariot wheels of dawn's chariot." You can kind of see the shawl starting to become square. (There are four corners where you do yarn overs flanked by either double-decreases or a k 3 depending on the row...this kind of forces the shawl to square up.)

I can see the wheels beginning to form now which means I can "read" the lace as I go along instead of having to stare so intently at the pattern and count and re-count to be sure I'm not messing it up.

That said, successfully knitting lace makes me feel smart and accomplished like nothing else does. (Perhaps they should offer it in the schools, as a self-esteem building exercise).

No comments: