Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I finished the current pair of "simple" socks last night:

paprika socks

"Serenity" sock yarn (which is a wool-bamboo blend), knit with 64 sts on size 1 needles. The socks don't match perfectly on the feet because one ball had a "blip" in it - a knot which led to one of the pink stripes being narrower than it should.

I also knit a bit more on Thermal last night, though it will take a while (I am loathe to even tally up how many stitches are in it - there are 296 on the needle, so for every 10 rows I am dong just shy of 3000 stitches) Still, I think it will be a great sweater for here - the thinner weight will make it more wearable, and also, I suspect finer gauge sweaters look better on me.

Welcome fall, welcome cooler weather. Last night was the first night in many months where I didn't have to run my ceiling fan in order to be cool enough to sleep comfortably. (I think my preferred bedroom temperature is about 62* and while it wasn't that cold, it was a lot closer to it than what it's been in a while).

No comments: