Thursday, June 25, 2009

Something I had never quite got around to finishing:

finished 3-6-9

It's the 3-6-9 quilt made using lemonade-themed prints. I had this quilted a long time ago, did the machine-sewing of the binding, and then buried it under some fabric. I ran across it again this week and finally did the handsewing-down of the binding.

It's fairly small and my first thought was to use it on an occasional table (NOT an eating table...seeing quilts on dining tables, even ones covered by a plastic cover, gives me the heebies), but none of my occasional tables need a cover or are where a cover could be seen. So it may go to live on the back of my sofa for those times when I need something small to put over my feet when I'm stretched out, reading.

It's cute. It's one of the rare quilts I've done using all fabrics from the same exact line. Normally I don't care to do that because they look too "matchy" and pre-planned, but in this case, I just liked all the fabrics so much.

****

A while back I had said that I occasionally thought of how I sort of wanted a "Nauga" (the Naugahyde "animal" that is sort of a company mascot) but couldn't quite bring myself to buy one, because of the expense?

Well, I decided to use part of the money I earned reviewing a textbook chapter (I tend to regard this as "found money" and therefore eligible to be blown on whatever grabs my fancy).

So I did get one:

victor

His name is Victor. His coloration is what suggested that name (Some of you, who have paid attention to my history, may get that without clicking on the link). (And while I'm being partisan, more is here.)

I rather like him, and I'm surprised at how cuddly he is, given he's made out of what is essentially fake leather. Oh, and for those of you for whom it is important the toys your children play with are made in this country: Naugas are "born" in Stoughton, Wisconsin (which amuses me greatly because I know right where Stoughton is, I've been through it a number of times.)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beautiful little quilt! I love the colors. (I always say that don't I?)