Sunday, April 05, 2009

Too much weirdness for this early on a Sunday morning.

First, I woke up after telling someone in a dream (who had accused me of "stereotyping" him using a Jungian archetype) that "Jungian archetypes work because the collective subconsciousness EXISTS."

Second, when I kept getting an error message on my e-mail, and called the 24-hour help line, I was told by the young woman on the other end, "Have you tried running a power suckle?"

"I'm sorry?" She went on to explain that I should try turning off the modem, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then turning it back on. (oh. A power CYCLE)

(sometimes I forget - my ISP is based in Georgia. It actually was more like, "Haaave yeeeeeewww traahed runnin' a pow-ah suckle?")

I don't know if the 'power suckle' will work - I can get to other webpages just fine. But we'll see.

(ETA: yay, the "power suckle" worked. And now I'm going to be tempted to call it that from now on.)

2 comments:

KathyMarie said...

*snerk* Power suckle.

I now have many weird images in my brain. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle.

-- Grace in MA