Monday, March 23, 2009

Well, crud.

I seem NOT to have dodged the cold my dad caught. (Or I caught someone else's). The good news is I'm far less sick than he was (though that's generally the pattern - anything respiratory that he gets goes bad very fast). Right now I'm mainly fighting a sore throat and that kind of half-addled feeling I always get when sick (I forgot to bring the exam review sheets to class even though I had them sitting right in the center of my desk).

No fever of yet.

I can never remember if it's "Starve a cold, feed a fever" or "Feed a cold, starve a fever" but it seems to me that starving yourself when you have any kind of respiratory thing is probably not such a great idea. (I could see withholding food being desirable if it were a GI thing). Fortunately I have some chicken soup at home...

1 comment:

Big Alice said...

I'm sorry you're ill; hope you feel better soon.