Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sometimes, you see a craft that makes you sad.

This one makes me sad.

Poor kitty. He reminds me a bit of myself when I was younger, more foolish, and less cynical: "Here! Look! I ripped my own heart out of my chest for you! And you still won't love me?"

Otherwise known as: why I have a hard time being "vulnerable."

It's interesting how many people describe it as "cute," it only makes me cringe a little. Poor kitty. Put your heart back in your chest and take off that funnel collar.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

You definitely should have avoided The Simpsons that night when Bart had a major crush on an Older Woman (Sara Gilbert, playing about fifteen).

She climbs up to the treehouse. He beams. So does she. And then she says: "I'm so happy, I just had to tell someone. I have a boyfriend."

Cut to thought balloon in which she's literally grabbing his heart out of his chest - "You won't be needing this" - and dropkicks it out of sight.

Worse yet, it's Jimbo, but we won't go there. The scene we have is bad enough.