Monday, February 09, 2009

One other thing:

Going through my CD collection...I have the "classical" (And I always feel the need to append a sensu lato on to that; I regard "Classical" as being Hadyn, Mozart, and Beethoven, that general era, that came after Baroque and before Romantic) CDs organized not alphabetically, but chronologically by the era the composer was active.

It struck me that that might be a bit odd, as much as it seems an eminently logical thing to me.

So there's another weird little random fact about me: I like to order my music chronologically rather than alphabetically. (It gets more sticky when I get into the 20th century and am dealing with jazz, chanson and early r&b/gospel/early rock simultaneously. In that case I tend to separate by genre, and each genre is small enough that the disks are just in random order.

1 comment:

Sya said...

I also think that's logical. But this is coming from a person who used to work at a library and rearranged all the Danielle Steel books by color...