Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The TARDIS does take up a shocking amount of space in the suitcase. (If I had been thinking, I suppose I could have NOT stuffed it, just sewn it up, packed it flat, and stuffed it once I got to my destination). But I'm packed, everything fits, I have (I think) all my Christmas presents ready to go (I may have to get some other small item for my sister in law...).

I'm holding off checking on train-lateness until right before I'm set to leave, because I don't want to walk around all day being bummed if it's really late. (I'm not sure I'd delay my leave time much if it was really, really late - I prefer not to drive those back country roads in the dark, anyway).

I just hope there's no Creepy Guy* at the station. A couple of times ago, when I was waiting, a half-drunk (or maybe completely) guy came in and tried to chat me up. (Fortunately I was not alone in the station with him). I was kind of cold, and finally, when he asked me if I "had someone" I lied and said that yes, I did. (I even quickly picked out a name, in my head, just in case he asked). If there's a Creepy Guy this time, I think I'll wait in my car.

(*I could tell he was Creepy because after he realized he was going to get nowhere with me, he asked the 20-something guy who was waiting on the train if he knew where a man could get "some action" in the town. In Mineola, Texas? I almost burst out laughing. Maybe back when the railroad was a rougher, tougher place, but they practically roll the sidewalks up at 5 pm now.)

No comments: