Friday, November 07, 2008

The fact that I walked out of ecology thinking that the only thing in this world I wanted was something with sugar, carbonation, and lemon-lime suggests that this is not a viral or bacterial stomach-thing, and it will probably resolve of its own accord, soon.

Thank goodness I had four quarters still in my purse. (Yeah, pop's a dollar from the vending machine but I so did not have the energy to drive to the nearest grocery store or combi-mart). But Sprite makes it better, so I guess it was worth the buck.

I am totally not a pop fan and usually never drink it, but once in a while, either a lemon-lime soda or a good strong ginger ale (Vernor's is good but - dare I say it, as a former Michigander - the Archer Farms "Ginger Beer" Target sells is even better. I think it's because they use real sugar and Vernor's has unfortunately succumbed to the lure of cheap corn syrup. And yes, I can taste a difference even if other people can't) is a very necessary thing.

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

i keep a 12 pack of cherry 7up just for my consumption. the kids know that that 12 pack is off limits unless we are completely out of soda (they're limited to one a day). i don't drink it often, but when i do, it's so satisfying.