Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Some months back I posted one of those half-awake, half-asleep (and therefore, usually something more than half stupid) thoughts I have:

Cute Overload in Amigurumi Form. Where different CO posts would be re-created as knitted or crocheted toys: a little Snailio Iglesias, crocheted "snorgling" cats, etc.

Well, over the weekend I was moved to re-create one of the creatures that's graced CO recently. (No, alas, it's not a pattern of my own design; it's an existing pattern made "in honor" of one of the CO critters....or actually "in memory" of, which will clue you in to which one it is, if you're a fairly rabid follower of CO like I am).

It's not done yet so there are no pictures yet. But it pleases me immensely, and it is one of those things that is so cute you almost can't look directly at it.

Once in a while I get so seized by a project that I put everything else aside to work on it. This project is that way (except, since it's crocheted, I have to take breaks to let my hands rest. Crochet is harder on the hands, especially the tight-enough-to-hold-its-shape crochet used in amigurumi).

Maybe I *will* make a little Snailio Iglesias someday. (There are enough different snail patterns out there, but I think in terms of correct size (the Snailios on CO are tiny), Anna's from Mochimochiland would work the best.)


(Edited to add: even if I DO do more "Cute Overload in Amigurumi Form!" I will NOT be doing a "cats n racks" (or "any other animal n racks") feature. Sorry.)


In other news, it is 18 degrees C in my office. (For non-metric types? That's less than 65 F.) I've decided that there's something worse than my office being 84 degrees.

No comments: