Thursday, April 03, 2008

Both the fronts of the Airy Cardigan are done, and I'm working on the back. I'm still contemplating what to do about the sleeves; I definitely want to make them full-length and I think all it will take to figure them out is to measure how large I want the cuffs, figure out how many stitches that will be, figure out how many stitches are needed for the widest part of the arm, and then using row gauge decide how rapidly I need to increase to get to that point.

At least, I think. This is probably going to be one-at-a-time sleeves so if I screw it up the first time, I'm not stuck ripping out tons and tons of hairy yarn. (And I probably have enough - this sweater is taking far less than I imagined - that if the first sleeve doesn't turn out, I can chuck it and get the two out of the remaining yarn.

I'll be glad to finish this; I'm not nuts about knitting with hairy yarn. It's harder to see my stitches (and so, it is harder for me to check my knitting against the row-counter and my written notations to be sure I'm picking it up in the right place when I pick it back up after it's sat for a while).

But it WILL be very pretty when it's finished. The fabric that the kid mohair knits up into is very nice - unbelievably light and fluffy; it's kind of like what you'd imagine the fleece from some kind of cartoon dreamworld sheep would feel like.

And it's pink. Very pink. And I like that.

No comments: