Friday, December 14, 2007

Once in a while (not as often any more as formerly), I get hit with an idea and immediately see how I could work it up. And I kind of get driven to try it out, and it takes precedence over my other projects.

I have something like that going right now. It's pretty simple, on balance, but it makes me laugh. (And I will be posting a pithy set of instructions, and a chart, if I can figure out how to make a chart that will show up okay here). It's kind of a modification of a technique another designer used, and I e-mailed her to make sure that it wouldn't seem to be too much of a knockoff, and her response was:

"Please please please do it. That sounds awesome."

Hahahaha. So I was doubly inspired.

The other thing was I had some Paton's Classic Merino that I wasn't using for anything that was the perfect color for it.

So there'll be a funny little pattern up here, maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday, depending on how much I race to finish the thing and how much I wind up fiddling with the charts.

No comments: