Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanks, Diann. I think the vet actually mentioned pumpkin an earlier time when the cat was having some problems (which turned out to be a bad hairball), so we'll see what results. (The cats' vet seems like a very good vet - she reads the recent studies that are done and seems to really understand cats well). But I'm relieved to think that it's something probably manageable, at least for a while.

Oh, and as for the mouse? Little booger figured out how to lick the peanut butter off of the spring-mechanisms so the trap didn't trigger. I'm not quite sure what to do....part of me thinks that a mouse that's smart enough to do that deserves to live, just not in my kitchen, though.

On to the pictures.

Here's the finished Lady Detective Hat:

ladydetective

I decided not to steam the brim - I was concerned it would stretch the rest of the hat out of shape. The buckle is a vintage buckle from my grandmother's button box. Some kind of early plastic, but not one of the "cool" early plastics like Bakelite.

Here's the hat on:

ladydetective2

And here are the Kaffe Fasset Regia socks:

fassettsocks

They worked out okay with doing a standard flapped heel instead of a short-row or afterthought heel. I don't think the patterning of how they knit up is quite as impressive as I anticipated; I've had non-designer variegated yarns that did almost this kind of patterning. (The yarn is from the "Mirage" line, which is supposed to have those kind of interlocking short stripes).

2 comments:

Chris Laning said...

Between the two of us, my landlord (in the other half of the duplex) and I trapped something like 23 mice last year. I got a very clever tilting-ramp live trap from Real Goods -- which worked remarkably well. (I have a soft heard for little furry things and a convenient park about two blocks away to release them in.)

No mice since. Just so you know it *is* possible to completely clear them out.

Kucki68 said...

You are very bad for me, you make things I originally thought would not work on me, and then I see them on you looking cute and I have more projects I covete.