Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dragonknitter informs us that as of today, there are only 41 days until Christmas.

And I am already receiving spam with the subject line "XMASS SPECIAL" (and then an offering for a "real" Rolex watch or Louis Vuitton bag. Uh-huh.)

So I think it is not to early to post this link:

Crazy synchronized-light Christmas house.

Longtime readers may realize I post this link every year. But I LOVE it so much. It makes me so happy because of its crazy over-the-top-ness. It must have taken an incredible amount of effort and trouble to get it to work...but what joy it gives to a lot of people (or at least, to me).

This video is one of the relatively few things that, when I'm in kind of a sad or down or angry-at-the-world mood, I can watch it, and it will make me feel better.

I think I said on the previous post that for every person who exasperates me with demanding-ness or the attitude that the world revolves around them, there's a person who does something that's totally unnecessary but wonderful - and that kind of pays back for the annoying people.

(ETA: And there's another version! If Trans-Siberian Orchestra isn't your bag, you can view the house with a woman singing Jingle Bells in sort of a jazz mode. I feel like I should know who the singer is but I can't quite place her.

I will say, for my taste, I like the original version (the Wizards in Winter one) better.

And there's more: Another house, this one using "Christmas Eve, Sarajevo" as the music.)

No comments: