Monday, October 29, 2007

Lydia: The recipe I saw was in "Midwest Living" (Nov.-Dec. 2007 issue) but there are some online versions, some of which are a bit different from the one I saw:

German Culture and Life's version

Lots of punch-type recipes, some alcoholic, some not. They also have a recipe for "Hippocras," which is a medieval-style punch. The Gluhwein recipe on there is more like the one from Midwest Living; you could probably make it nonalcoholic by simply substituting an equal amount of cider for the wine and rum. Or maybe cider and cranberry juice, if you want to be fancy (and non-traditional).

One thing I do want to do sometime in my life is go to a "real" German Christmas market, whether actually IN Germany or a stateside re-creation.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

That looks good. Thanks!

Kucki68 said...

If you ever get to be in Germany during December let me know and I will go with you. Maybe to Stuttgart where there is a nice big one. Not Nuernberg, that would be overkill though THE Weihnachtsmarkt.