Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nothing really very new - I worked mainly on the second Bacteriophage sock last night; it's up past the gusset decreases. I want to finish the socks I have on the needles (and yes, that includes the long-stalled Miranda sock, which I picked up this weekend). I'm wanting to start some new socks (including the embossed leaves socks, and a self-designed sock that I alluded to but may no longer allude to because it might perhaps be submitted somewhere, I don't know). And I have dug out my various "luxury" sock yarns (some Fleece Artist, some Anne) with the thought of starting some of the nifty lace socks out of the new Interweave sock book with them.

I did start one of the little dodos that I linked the pattern of, but I'm having some trouble finding my crochet mojo these days. Part of it, I think, is that I'm working with the Bernat boucle that I made the crocheted dog out of, and you can't see the stitches so you have to count every one and be sure you move your end-of-row marker and all that - and when the rows you're crocheting have 20 stitches on them, it seems like an awful lot of effort for just a few stitches.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think you should go for it (submitting a design somewhere that is). I think the next sock I make with be a bacteriophage sock.