Monday, April 09, 2007

I finished the first of the Lichen Ribbed Socks:

lichenribbed

The yarn feels very nice and the sock is generally a good fit (it's a bit loose in the ankle, but that may be because I used a mostly cotton yarn).

In addition to using a heel turn I'd never used before, it also has a different type of toe:

lichentoe

This is called a Star Toe of Three Points (there are three decrease points which converge near the tip). The decreases are done as a p2tog so they are more obvious than on some kinds of socks.

I rather like that toe.

I also finished a very long-term project, the Art Mohair stole I've been working on for a little over two years (I think). Not that it was such a difficult project but it tended to get pushed aside in favor of other things:

redshawl

I'm glad it's done.

Here's a detail of the "feather lace stitch." The pattern for the stole came from the Lark Press book "Exquisite Little Knits."

redshawldetail

(You can also see my little fluorescent gro-light set up in that picture.)

I also finished the back of the Kenobi jacket (no photo). I've begun the left front of it as well.

It was a good weekend for finishing things.

2 comments:

Christa said...

The stole is so pretty and such a nice color on you.

Anonymous said...

That's a really good photo of you! The stole is lovely too - wine is a good color.

The 3 point star toe looks a little longer than most - it must take a few more rows to get the decreases in? I like it, and the Welsh heel looks interesting too.