Friday, June 09, 2006

Settin' 'em up and knockin' 'em down .

My father always used to use that phrase to describe working on a project that's made up of a series of small, loosely connected tasks.

And that's how it's been, making the figures this morning. I'm very nearly done, which pleases me. I think I'm going to finish the figures, go home and eat lunch, come back, and do some rewriting on the paper that the figures have suggested to me.

It is SO satisfying to be able to sit and just work - to not have that back-of-the-head "but I have to prepare for tomorrow!" worry, or that "oh my gosh, did I forget to send something to print shop I will need?"

I'm thinking about starting something new. I think I need another Sitcom Chic. The sweaters I use most frequently are the two (one of a tan-mixed-with-cream Topacio and another that is blue shot through with other colors). Because they are cardigans, they work really well. And because they are cotton, they are just the right thing for days when the air conditioning is turned up a bit high, or when it's cool-ish when I leave my house in the morning.

I have two yarns "stashed" with the eventual destiny of becoming a Sitcom - there's a musk-colored 1824 cotton (which I have had since long before it was even discontinued...and now it's back) and a cheapie green Bernat cotton blend (ummm....Denim Style?) that was a Hobby Lobby feeling-sorry-for-myself purchase a couple years ago.

I'm also thinking ahead to fall, and thinking about the Hourglass Pullover - I bought a bunch of one of the Knitpicks yarns for it (I think it was Andean Silk) in a really nice burgundy-purple color. And it's knit in the round, yay.

I get like this periodically - I have too many projects going, really, but I get to wanting to start new things.

I do still have the band of Samus on the needles, and I should finish that...but somehow, it's just not as appealing to me right now. Part of that is the Zipper Issue - when it's done, it will need a zipper inserted. (A SEPARATING zippper, even more.) I don't particularly like putting in zippers, even less in knitwear. Even less separating zippers.

I suppose I need to get over that, make Samus, and then if applying a separating zipper is still all so much of a hurdle, take it to the woman in town who does alterations and pay her to do it.

But right now I really want something lighter on the needles....

No comments: