Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Truly odd.

Received another spam comment in my in-box this morning, but a quick scan fails to turn it up. Well, if they're spamming old posts, it's not worth my time to track down and destroy. (And if they're getting paid per spam they place, may the fleas of a thousand camels, etc., etc.). Especially evil is that it's spam from someone calling themselves cslewisfan. Shame on you.

Finished Bookworm last night, except for the buttons. It's drying now from a blocking - it's sort of hard to block an all-in-one-piece vest. I finally wound up folding the underarm/back portion so that the neckband didn't get all stretched out.

I think I'm going to not knit cotton for a while. My arms and wrists are hurting a little after the intensive push to finish this one. I'm also trying to be disciplined and finish what I have going before I start anything new:

three pairs of socks, including one that is to be a Christmas gift
two scarves
the moebius-neckwrap thing out of Landscapes
the Hiawatha shawl
the Verona shawl
the simple Prairie shawl

Also, for Dragon Knitter - here's roughly how I make German meat patties. I don't really use amounts. They're similar to Konigsberger Klops (a type of German meatball).

I use ground turkey, partly because it's lower in fat, and partly because I don't 100% trust ground beef these days what with the odd mad cow that's found "before it reaches the food chain" (or so they say).

For about three-quarters pound of ground turkey, I added between 1/4 and 1/3 cup of plain dry bread crumbs. I also grated about 1/4 of a small onion into the turkey. The characteristic flavorings, at least according to the cookbook I use, are nutmeg and allspice (or either one by itself). I added perhaps 1/4 t of each, maybe a little more. Then, after mixing all of this, I added a small quantity (two tablespoons or so) of milk to soften up the breadcrumbs.

Then, form into small patties. I cook these in a grill pan with a little olive oil added so they don't stick. (I don't make the sauce like goes with the Klops, and I don't use anchovies either - in the Settlement House cookbook, the sauce is what has the anchovies in it, and the Klops are much more like my recipe than like the epicurious.com recipe).

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

mmmmmmmm sounds tasty. i'll have to try that. as for the spammers, may a thousand dogs pee on their front lawn and turn it yellow