Monday, May 03, 2004

First of all, the quarter-dolman:

(No, I'm not blocking it on my ottoman; I've just pinned it down temporarily so it won't curl).
quarter_dolman.JPG

One thing I like about the pattern is that even though it's a dolman sleeved sweater, the dolman sleeves aren't the giant, 1980s-throwback kind.

And then, here's something I just adore, which I found this weekend in a 'vintage' shop:

tablecloth.JPG

It's a Parisian (or perhaps Italian village) street scene, done in pink, apple green, brown, and grey. I don't know if it's genuinely old, "vintage," or a reprint of an older tablecloth, but I just love it. What you can't really see in the shot is that the main part of the cloth is a cloudy sky (in apple green) with those v-shaped birds (like every kid draws in her pictures of the sky) flying in it. And the street scene goes all around the cloth. It was $10, so I don't really care if it's genuinely old or not.

I am incredibly fortunate in finding cool stuff in the antique and vintage shops around here. Sometimes, I swear, it's like the stuff calls me to the shop and tells me to buy it and take it home.

No comments: