Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Over break, I also started two new pairs of socks:

1. Opal Southwestern # 6 (picture of the yarn here). I'm doing these on 72 stitches, on size 1 Pony Pearls (I seem to knit more tightly with Pony Pearls than with metal needles). I've used a welt-ribbing like in the Country Socks pattern in Folk Socks, and the heel is a V-heel. I plan to use a round toe on these. I'm just past the gusset decreases on the first sock.

2. Beaded-rib socks (the stitch came from a Jean Lampe sock pamphlet that I bought on the cheap at Hobby Lobby when they were closing out a lot of knitting books) from a Regia pastel multicolor. I'm not very far on these as the beaded rib is quite tedious to do.

I really planned on finishing the back of the Lightning-Bolt Family sweater last night but I wound up totally crashing (after my longest teaching day of the week) and went to bed early and read instead. I think I am about three rows from the shoulder shaping on the back (such as it is).

No comments: