Saturday, August 08, 2020

Some Saturday stuff

 Today was a better day than many recent days. One of my CPAAG (a group on Ravelry) friends invited some of us to an online get-together and I got a chance to just talk "stuff" with other people (instead of work-talk or other "targeted" talk) and also I worked on the simple Opal socks while talking there.

In and around that, I cleaned house - the kitchen had gotten bad, and right now I am letting vinegar soak in the toilet bowl because it was having some problems with limescale buildup.


(Thought: someone should manufacture a dissolving tablet, like the denture-cleaning tablets, that would acidulate the water enough to dissolve scale; it could be done weekly or monthly. That would be easier to remember and maybe less of an effort of flushing/bailing the bowl so you can get the vinegar concentrated enough to have an effect). 

Kitchen is clean now, bathroom is clean now. Living room and dining room are picked up "enough" and have been swept and dusted.  I scrubbed the tub and might take a warmish bath later - it's very humid and I tend to have a little pain when it's so humid, and maybe some Epsom salts will help. 

Also, the yarn for my Cooper sweater came yesterday


It's Lett-Lopi, the recommended yarn, but I guess I will still swatch, since it's a new-to-me designer. The original is done in sort of steely greys but I look better in brown (and like browns better) so I went with "acorn," "Oatmeal" and I think the light color is "cream"


Also, that's Mochi in the photo, Mochi also came yesterday:

He has a bell on his collar (does not actually ring)

I think I'm going to continue with some of the ongoing projects before I start the new sweater - I have a vest I am working on, and a blanket that I could probably finish with a couple hours' work. 

I might also just get out some of my knitting books and contemplate other future projects


I feel better for having cleaned the house though now I wonder - do I feel better after cleaning the house because the house is clean/I don't worry about "what if someone had to come over" or did I clean the house because I was in a better headspace? It's kind of the same thing with healthful eating/cooking: am I feeling better because I do it (because I'm better nourished and also on some level I enjoy cooking) or am I able to do it because I'm less stressed? Is a mystery.

No comments: